The USDA made it possible for School Districts across the Country to serve Breakfast and Lunches at no charge to support families during the Covid-19 Pandemic. This program will be in effect from September 2020 through December 2020 or until funding runs out. The Lancaster County School District’s Department of Food services has been planning for this event and look forward to serving as many students that will participate with us. All of the schools of Lancaster County School District are considered closed sites and will only serve registered students that attend a K-12 program within the District.
Our plan is as follows:
A/B Day students
We plan to serve students free at no charge Breakfast and Lunch on every day that they physically attend school with us. In addition, we plan to send 3 Breakfast and 3 Lunches home with students on Tuesdays and Fridays of each week to support the 3 days in which they are not physically attending school with us and are at home.
Instructions to access these free meals are as follows.
-Virtual students will be able to pick up 5 Breakfasts and 5 Lunches on Wednesdays Only from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
– Meals can only be picked up at the school that your student is enrolled for attendance this school year.
– If you have multiple students that attend different schools in the District, you will have to prepare to pick up meals from each of those schools
– Students do not have to be present with the parent at the time of meal pickup
Please be prepared with the following information to access virtual meal pickup for your child(ren)
– Parents must know the PowerSchool student number for their student(s)
– Parents must also give the student’s first and last name
– Students must be identified at their school of attendance in order to receive the meals
Coming Soon……..Online ordering Application to assist parents in ordering meals for each of their students. Stay tuned for more information detailing how parents can utilize this tool to access meals
Parents who have paid money into their students’ lunch accounts for this school year may leave it on the students account to be used at a later date as this is a temporary condition and students will return to the normal National School Lunch Program in January or sooner.