Please see clarification about transitioning to 4-days a week.
• Face-to-Face instruction for elementary (PreK-grade 5)
Face-to-face elementary students will be increasing from 2 days of face-to-face instruction per week to 4 days of face-to-face instruction per week. This begins Monday, Dec. 7, Monday-Thursday. Friday is the flex day that all students will be learning at home. If your child remains face-to-face, no action is needed and will be contacted by your child’s teacher.
* Please note, beginning Dec. 7, grades 6-12 will change to A-day- Monday/Tuesday and B-day – Wednesday/Thursday with full remote instruction on Friday.
• Virtual instruction for elementary (PreK-grade 5)
All current fully virtual elementary students will remain fully virtual for 4-days a week, Monday-Thursday. Friday is the flex day that all students will be learning at home. If your child remains fully virtual, no action is needed and will be contacted by your child’s teacher.
* Please note, fully virtual grades 6-12 will remain fully virtual with flex day on Friday.
• Changing from fully virtual to face-to-face or from face-to-face to fully virtual
Parents will need to contact their child’s school to request a change. Consideration for change will be made on a case-by-case basis and transition to face-to-face from full virtual or to virtual from hybrid A/B may require additional time as we work through logistics. All efforts will be made to make any shifts by Dec. 7 for PreK- grade 5, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Bus Registration for Elementary
If you are currently on an elementary bus for A/B hybrid days, you are registered and need to do nothing.
If you are a car rider and currently enrolled for A/B hybrid days and anticipate the need for transportation after the district goes to 4 day face-to-face instruction, please use the link below to register.
1. Elementary only, please
2. Right now we are only accepting registrations for current A/B hybrid students
3. Registration for other categories of students, such as fully hybrid will be opened up once administration makes those start announcements.
SC DHEC has changed its stance on the shields that the SC Department of Education provided. SC DHEC has now said they will approve the district use of these in PreK- grade 5 until the larger shields arrive, beginning with elementary. The larger & more substantial shields are not being paid from school district funds but from the CARES Act.
We are working on staffing and logistics. More information about class assignments will be forthcoming from your child’s school.
We are working on the logistics of meals for face-to-face and virtual students districtwide. More information will be available in the coming days.